Ask the Reference Desk about Zip Books!
Funded by the California Library Services Act (CLSA), this program allows the library to order items through Amazon and have them shipped directly to patrons. The item is then added to the catalog and made available to other patrons once it has been returned.
The Reference Desk will receive requests beginning now until the end of June. If your Zip Book is approved, the order will be placed and shipped to the address associated with your library card. Please make sure your account is kept up to date.
The Zip Book will then be checked out to you. Zip Books are due six weeks from the order date and are not renewable. Zip Books should be returned in special envelopes provided by the library.
Following are some of the program guidelines. Certain titles may be referred to our Purchase Suggestion Form Here, and the Reference Librarian can tell you what nearby libraries own the book you are looking for.
- All PGPL and MPL cardholders are eligible for this program
- Must be print books, large type books, or audiobooks on CD
- Cannot be an item already owned by PGPL or MPL
- 1 item may be approved and ordered per calendar month
- Must be less than $50 for print/large type books and less than $75 for audiobooks/foreign language books
- The title must be available on Amazon.com with Prime Shipping
- Must be immediately available to purchase (no pre-orders)