Pacific Grove Library is participating in the Zip Books project! Zip Books is a statewide project of the NorthNet Library System, funded with California Library Services Act (CLSA) Funds. This service allows the Library to order items through Amazon and have them shipped directly to patrons. The item is then added to the catalog and made available to other patrons once it has been returned.
All Pacific Grove Library cardholders are eligible for this program! Items are shipped to the address listed in the account associated with your library card, so please make sure your account is up-to-date. Contact the library for assistance at (831) 648-5760.
Patrons can use this service with the following guidelines:
- Must have an account in good standing (less than $20 in fines)
- May request and receive up to 5 Zip Books per month
Items eligible for purchase through this project:
- Must be print books, large print books, or audiobooks on CD
- Must not be already owned by the Library in the requested format
- Must be available in new condition on Amazon.com, with Prime shipping
- Must be less than $50 for print and large print, and less than $75 for audiobooks
Zip Books will be checked out to patrons once they are ordered.
The items will have an initial due date of July 31, 2020, which will be extended as needed. Please keep all material until the Library reopens.
Please keep in mind there are some parameters for this project that Pacific Grove Library must adhere to. Because of this, we may not be able to fill every request.
Items already owned by the Pacific Grove Library are NOT eligible for purchase through the Zip Books program. Please search the catalog before requesting.