Pacific Grove Library is participating in the Zip Books project! Zip Books is a statewide project of the NorthNet Library System, funded with California Library Services Act (CLSA) Funds. This service allows the Library to order items through Amazon and have them shipped directly to patrons. The item is then added to the catalog and made available to other patrons once it has been returned.
All Pacific Grove Library cardholders are eligible for this program! Items are shipped to the address listed in the account associated with your library card, so please make sure your account is up-to-date. Contact the library for assistance at (831) 648-5760.
Patrons can use this service with the following guidelines:
- Must have an account in good standing (less than $20 in fines)
- May request and receive up to 5 Zip Books per month
Items eligible for purchase through this project:
- Must be print books, large print books, or audiobooks on CD
- May be already owned by the Library (up to 3 copies; if the Library already has 3 copies, the item is ineligible for purchase) *Starting June 1st, 2020, items owned by the Library will NOT be eligible for the ZipBooks program!*
- Must be available on Amazon.com, new, and with Prime shipping
- Must be less than $50 for print and large print, and less than $75 for audiobooks
Zip Books will be checked out to patrons once they are ordered.
The items will have an initial due date of 6 weeks from the order date, which can be extended. Please keep all material until the Library reopens.
Please keep in mind there are some parameters for this project that Pacific Grove Library must adhere to. Because of this, we may not be able to fill every request.